- This event has passed.
Important Considerations when Hiring F-1 Students
February 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$65 – $75
Southern California Chapter
“Important Considerations when Hiring F-1 Students”
As we start gearing up for H-1B cap, please join us for an in-depth discussion focused on F-1 students. Our panel of experts will be joined by
Nusha Shishegar, the Designated School Official (DSO) at the Keck Graduate Institute.
- What do we need to know about the unlawful presence memo when a student fails to maintain status
- Applying for Stem OPT
- Completing the I-983
- Which students qualify for the Cap Gap and what schools need to do
- Travel before the OPT is issued and during the Cap Gap period
- What if a student is denied OPT
- Motions to Reopen and Reconsider
- How do schools get authorization to admit foreign students
Our esteemed panel will be led by Adam Green of the Law Offices of Adam Green.
He will be joined by Jordie Bayer of Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, and Nusha Shishegar, DSO at the Keck GraduateInstitute